2017 UK Parliament attack

facebook_page
twitter_page

Last quote about 2017 UK Parliament attack

Donald Trump Jr.
You have to be kidding me?!: Teror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan.feedback
share this quote
Mar 24 2017
In this page you'll find all points of view published about 2017 UK Parliament attack. You'll find 94 quotes on this page. You can filter them by date and by a person’s name. The 4 people who have been quoted more about 2017 UK Parliament attack are: Theresa May, Mark Rowley, Sadiq Khan and Rob Lyon. Theresa May specifically said: “Our working assumption is that the attacker was inspired by Islamist ideology. We know the threat from Islamist terrorism is very real. But while the public should remain utterly vigilant they should not and will not be cowed by this threat. But the greatest response lies not in the words of politicians, but in the everyday actions of ordinary people.For beyond these walls today – in scenes repeated in towns and cities across the country – millions of people are going about their days and getting on with their lives.”.
Automatically powered by Storyzy
Take our quote verification challenge and find out !
Travis Frain

I'm not too bad, though things are obviously still in the air this early. After X-rays on over 20 different parts of the body, a couple of MRIs, an ultrasound and a CT scan, both my ribs and hip bones are fine. However, I have fractured the top part of my left hand, and most of the fingers. I've also fractured my leg, around the knee, and as a result, I will need physio over the coming months to be able to walk at the extent I used to.feedback

Mark Rowley

The high pace and rapid progress of this investigation is continuing. There was another arrest overnight and two men are in custody. There are now two searches continuing at addresses in Hounslow and Surrey and we are getting a greater understanding of the preparation of the device. For practical and precautionary reasons we made the decision that the increased resources will continue for the beginning of this week. So the public will still see that high level of policing presence; some armed, some unarmed.feedback

Mark Rowley

It is still our belief – which continues to be borne out by our investigation – that this attacker acted alone yesterday and was inspired by international terrorism. To be explicit, at this stage, we have no specific information about further threats to the public. Spoke to U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May today to offer condolences on the terrorist attack in London. She is strong and doing very well.feedback

Julia Ebner

It think it will be more difficult also, because the UK will not be at the table of negotiations and information exchange will become harder because it is not automatic anymore. Because it will require an active effort from both sides and of course the decreased trust levels between political actors will play into that and might decrease the standards of intelligence sharing and information sharing on a European level.feedback

Queen Elizabeth

My thoughts, prayers, and deepest sympathy are with all those who have been affected by yesterday's awful violence. I know I speak for everyone in expressing my enduring thanks and admiration for the members of the Metropolitan Police Service and all who work so selflessly to help and protect others.feedback

Shantell Payne

With a heavy heart I must pass the sad news of our beautiful brother, father, husband, son and friend Kurt Cochran. He could not overcome the injuries he received in the London terror attacks. This pain is so heart wrenching and raw it has rocked our family and all that knew him to its core. We will miss Kurt beyond words. We love you Kurt. RIP. Melissa Payne Cochran is in the hospital with a broken leg, rib and a cut on her head but will recover from her injuries. Sending all the love to her for a quick recovery.feedback

Theresa May

At approximately 2.40pm yesterday a single attacker drove his vehicle at speed into innocent pedestrians crossing Westminster Bridge, killing two people and injuring around 40 more. In addition to 12 Britons admitted to hospital, we know the victims include three French children, two Romanians, four South Koreans, one German, one Pole, one Irish, one Chinese, one Italian, one American and two Greeks. We are in close contacts with the governments of the countries of all those affected.feedback

Angela Merkel

Although the background to these incidents still needs to be exactly clarified, I confirm on behalf of Germany and its citizens that we stand firmly and resolutely by Britain's side when it comes to fighting any kind of terrorism.feedback

Theresa May

Our values will prevail. This was an attack on free people everywhere. Democracy and the values it entails will always prevail.feedback

Gemma Allen - Winston's Wish

A lot of our work is with families bereaved through murder. With children, you must be careful about the language: people aren't bad - it's something bad that they've done - this helps prevent anxiety in children, and fears that 'bad people' are coming to get them.feedback

Jean-Marc Ayrault

This terrible violence wounds us, and strikes us in the heart, because we cannot but express first of all our solidarity, our affection and in particular with the victims. It's an incredibly violent attack, which targets people and in a symbolic place, that of the British parliamentary democracy, so it has meaning. We cannot but interpret it that way.feedback

Sadiq Khan

I'm not going to respond to tweets by Donald Trump. What I will say about this is the threat level in London and our country remains the same: it's severe. That means according to experts an attack is highly likely. The commissioner who just retired said last year that as far as an attack was concerned it's a question of when not if. Thankfully the police and the security services and the emergency services practise for such incidents. One I'm afraid has happened yesterday. The response from the police and the emergency services has been superb.feedback

James Corden

There was a terror attack today in my home town, the city of London, in Westminster. And I know a lot of people in England watch this show. There's a lot of people from Britain who work on this show, and of course, our thoughts go out to everyone who's been affected by this. Watching the news today, I felt a really long, long way from home. When something like that happens in your home town, you don't have a feeling of being glad that you're so far away, what you feel is that you wish you could be there with loved ones to stand alongside them.feedback

Brendan Cox

We have to remember that the person who did this is no more representative of British Muslims that the person that killed Jo is representative of people from Yorkshire. This is an extremist, we have to tackle that extremism, we have to fight it with everything that we have but the way that we will do that, the way that we will defeat it is together and not by turning on ourselves. These people won't win, they're not going to defeat our country by driving a car down a bridge and mowing down pedestrians. The only way they'll win is if they sow discord and they drive us against each other.feedback

Andres Hermida

Betanzos has suffered a terrible blow because of the scourge of terrorism. . Our most sincere condolences to the family of Aysha, a woman originally form Betanzos murdered in London.feedback

Sadiq Khan

The Mayor invites all Londoners – and everyone visiting our city – to come together in solidarity to remember those who have lost their lives, to express sympathy with their families and loved ones and to show the world that we are more committed than ever to the values that we hold dear – that we remain united and open. London is the greatest city in the world. We will never be cowed by terrorism. We stand together, in the face of those who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life.feedback

Brendan Cox

What the terrorist would like to happen is for us to fall apart and start blaming groups of people, to say that in some way this is Muslim or Islam as a whole. We have to remember that the person who did this is no more representative of British Muslims than the person who killed Jo is representative of people that are from Yorkshire. I'm going to do whatever I can to remember the names of the victims like PC Palmer and not the name of the person.feedback

Mark Rowley

It is still our belief - which continues to be born out by our investigation - that this attacker acted alone yesterday and was inspired by international terrorism. Clearly our investigation is ongoing - developing all the time - and is focused on his motivation, his preparation and associates. We must not allow terrorists to create discord, distrust and fear. The police stand with all communities - later today a meeting of faith leaders will be held here at New Scotland Yard. Whilst our work to investigate and understand what happened yesterday continues with vigour - we must also reflect.feedback

Rob Lyon

I was walking across the bridge. I just passed a group of, I think, Chinese tourists doing sort of selfies by Big Ben … and then I heard a big sort of crunch. Sounded like a car crash but almost like crunch of a wheel on a curb. Then I saw the vehicle mounting the curb, and it was coming at us so quickly, I saw some people be hit in front of me. It was just revving so loudly. My first thought was someone just had a heart attack. You know, put the foot on the accelerator, because it was revving so loudly.feedback

Mark Rowley

Our strength as a city is our ability to stand together at such terrible times. If anyone sees anything suspicious or that causes them concern please do contact us – don't hesitate. My thoughts are with all those who have been affected by today's attack – and as a service we have lost one of our own as he acted to protect the public and his colleagues. This is a day that we had planned for – that we all hoped would never happen – but sadly it is now a reality.feedback

Rob Lyon

[I saw] people who had been hit by a car at speed – it was harrowing. I just sort of went into shock mode. I didn't necessarily run and help people, I just looked around me. I couldn't really work out what had happened.feedback

John Clancy

The @LibraryofBham lit to show Birmingham's solidarity with London. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by today's #Westminster attack. Tonight the Second City #brum stands shoulder-to-shoulder with #London following today's #Westminster attack.feedback

Mary Creagh

My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families as they have been absolute heroes. They are the people who stand there and have witnessed this attack on our building and our security.feedback

Gareth Southgate

Obviously our first thoughts are with the families of those who have lost their lives or been injured. It puts football into perspective. We are conscious that part of our identity as a nation is that we carry on in moments like this. We carry on in moments like this, we don't allow people to put us off what we want to do on a daily basis and we go about our working lives. London in particular has suffered like that before. We wanted to put on a performance with passion and desire that reflected that, we haven't got the win we would have liked, but people can see the commitment of the players.feedback

Jean-Marc Ayrault

It's an attack of incredible violence and significance, targeting people in a symbolic place, that of the seat of British parliamentary democracy.feedback

Sean Spicer

The president has been briefed on the situation in London. He just spoke to Prime Minister May, and we'll have a readout on that situation and that call soon. We obviously condemn today's attack in Westminster, which the United Kingdom is treating as an act of terrorism. We applaud the quick response that the British police and their first responders made to the situation.feedback

Mark Rowley

Today in Westminster we saw tragic events unfold and our thoughts are with those who lost loved ones, those who were injured and all those affected by this attack. One of those who died today was a police officer, Pc Keith Palmer, a member of our parliamentary and diplomatic protection command. Keith, aged 48, had 15 years' service and was a husband and father. He was someone who left for work today expecting to return home at the end of his shift, and he had every right to expect that would happen.feedback

Amber Rudd

It reminded us how we are all so connected. The terrorists will not defeat us, we will defeat them. We are strong in our values and proud of our country.feedback

Sharon Lando

It's not about what religion or country people are from. We are all people – the people who were killed and injured were people.feedback

James Armian

The attack was intended to divide us, but instead it will bring us together. It's meant to create hate, but as you saw from the way people responded to the attack with bravery and kindness, it has created love.feedback

Harun Khan

This attack was cowardly and depraved. There is no justification for this act whatsoever. The best response to this outrage is to make sure we come together in solidarity and not allow the terrorists to divide us. I hope my Muslim brothers and sisters will reach out to fellow Londoners and Britons in solidarity to demonstrate that such hatred will not defeat our way of life.feedback

Sadiq Khan

The reason terrorists want to attack London is because they hate the fact that we don't just tolerate each other – whether you're a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, member of an organised faith or not – we respect, embrace and celebrate each other and that's going to carry on.feedback

Mohammed Kozbar

The killing of innocent victims should be condemned by everyone. We must stand together against those people who would use this incident to spread extremist views and also those who would spread fear and hate within our society. Hopefully, this will unite us against all kinds of extremism, hate and racism.feedback

Jonathan Arkush

At this time, we know that many of our Muslim neighbours and friends who detest Islamist ideology will be feeling anxious. Our message is clear: our society must stand united at this time and not be turned against one another by extremists of any kind who wish to divide us. There can be no excuse for hatred. We stand firmly with Muslims who overwhelmingly reject the jihadists.feedback

Martin Kettle

The core beliefs voiced by the prime minister after the Westminster attack were laudable. Will we ever see them put into practice?Modern politics is remorseless, and modern politicians cannot opt out. Even when life and limb are at stake, a political leader has always at some point to ask the vulgar question: how will this play?feedback

Paul Beresford

There were concerns about security issues in all sorts of ways. As far as I'm concerned the present gates are flimsy and made of Meccano. We wanted something that can be operated more easily by the police that will also stop pedestrians. At present two police officers have to open them out, they aren't armed. Therefore they are at risk. You can just push past them.feedback

Iwona Romek

They were a very nice family, very reserved. He was very calm. I used to see him outside doing his garden – never any trouble.feedback

Grant Shapps

We will no doubt review arrangements and look again at procedures. It is a difficult balancing act, but safety of police officers and MPs must be the priority.feedback

Nesrine Malik

There is something about the capital – a rich texture that rejects simplistic incendiary rhetoric. It’s not immune to hate, just too complex to be swayed by it. When the first news from the attack in Westminster began filtering through, I, along with many others, felt that familiar knot in our stomach – the kind one feels when braced for a predictable battle to separate fact from hysteria, plead for a sense of proportionality and entreat the hurt and the angry not to generalise. Despite being poised for the response, something felt different this time. Seemingly within minutes, former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson was at the scene stirring hate while the shock was fresh. Nigel Farage was on the radio a few hours later, spewing predictable bile. Katie Hopkins published her usual MailOnline column, its tone sharpened to meet the high-octane moment, and was hosted on Fox News. Twitter abuse flooded towards Sadiq Khan, unleashed by Donald Trump Jr, who criticised London’s mayor hours after the attack for a perfectly reasonable and responsible claim he made six months ago that terrorist incidents were now part of the experience of living in a large city. We can only assume he singled out Khan because he was Muslim. All this happened in less than 24 hours after the attack.feedback

Ben Riley-Smith

And another is the security parameter around Parliament. Part of this horrific incident was on Westminster Bridge, where you had a car that appears to have mounted the pavement and injured more than a dozen people. Do they need to widen out that security parameter?feedback

Ben Riley-Smith

The first is this entrance on Parliament Square into Parliament Yard. It is quite often open, all be it manned by a number of policemen. I think there will now be questions as to whether this can continue to be open often. If ultimately if you are able to run as a member of the public into Parliament, clearly that is an area they are going to look at.feedback

John Bercow

Colleagues, in respectful memory of those who lost their lives in yesterday's attack and of all of the casualties, we shall now observe a minute's silence.feedback

Ramón García Vázquez

The rumours that started going round last night are sadly true. I didn't know her, but she has two sisters who run an English school here and other relatives in the area. It's a tragedy. It's still early and I haven't spoken to many people, but there are people here in the town hall who knew her and her family and they're deeply affected.feedback

Maria V. Zakharova

Our hearts are with the British, we share their pain. We are calling on Russian citizens who are currently in Britain and on the grounds of our embassy in London to show vigilance and follow the official reports that will be published.feedback

Francois Hollande

We express our full support to the British people. Terrorism concerns us all and France know how the British people are suffering today.feedback

Mohammed al-Adnani

If you are not able to find a bomb or a bullet, then smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him.feedback

Martin Pearce

There is blood everywhere. I don't know why I'm crying but people have been shot or stabbed all over the place.feedback

Ismail Hassan

At first I thought the car had lost balance, but he was going in and coming back in a zig-zag, he did it about three times. When he got to the shop he started hitting people, driving into people. The car was hitting people on the pavement. The third time [he zig-zagged] there was a guy who collapsed in the middle of the road. He wasn't moving at all. At first we didn't know what was happening, it took less than 10 seconds. It was six or seven people injured that I saw with my own eyes. I'm sickened, I don't know what's going on.feedback

Mary Creagh

It's a terrible, terrible day for Parliament, the one weak spot on our estate is those carriage gates. We have four police officers there, two on the gate going in, two on the gate going out, we see them every day, we are friends with lots of them. I think we will need to look at security at the Palace [of Westminster] in the wake of this incident, but that is a plan for another day. I think tonight we need to be remembering all those who have been caught up in today's tragic events. They put their lives in harm's way for us and I just want to thank them for what they've done.feedback

Theresa May

That is why it is a target for those who reject those values. But let me make it clear today, as I have had cause to do before: any attempt to defeat those values through violence and terror is doomed to failure. Tomorrow morning, Parliament will meet as normal. We will come together as normal. And Londoners - and others from around the world who have come here to visit this great city - will get up and go about their day as normal. They will board their trains, they will leave their hotels, they will walk these streets, they will live their lives.feedback

Theresa May

The terrorist chose to strike at the heart of our capital city. The values our parliament represents - democracy, freedom, human rights, the rule of law - command the admiration and respect of free people everywhere. That is why it is a target for those who reject those values. Tomorrow morning, Parliament will meet as normal. We will come together as normal.And Londoners - and others from around the world who have come here to visit this great City - will get up and go about their day as normal.feedback

Theresa May

The terrorists chose to strike at the heart of our capital city, where people of all nationalities, religions and cultures come together to celebrate the values of liberty, democracy and freedom of speech. These streets of Westminster – home to the world's oldest Parliament – are engrained with a spirit of freedom that echoes in some of the furthest corners of the globe. And the values our Parliament represents – democracy, freedom, human rights, the rule of law – command the admiration and respect of free people everywhere. That is why it is a target for those who reject those values.feedback

Theresa May

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who have been affected, to the victims themselves and to their families and friends, who waved their loved ones off but will not now be welcoming them home. For those of us who were in Parliament at the time of this attack, these events provide a particular reminder of the exceptional bravery of our police and security services who risk their lives to keep us safe. Once again today, these exceptional men and women ran towards the danger, even as they encouraged others to move the other way.feedback

Mark Rowley

The car then crashed near to parliament and at least one man, armed with a knife, continued the attack and tried to enter parliament. We currently believe there was only one attacker. This was a day we've planned for but hoped would never happen. Sadly it is now a reality.feedback

Mariano Rajoy

Spain stands with the British people. I condemn the attack in the vicinity of Westminster, London. Solidarity with the victims.feedback

Lindsay Hoyle

I am now going to suspend the sitting of the House. This House is now suspended, but please wait here.feedback

Chris Law

We were obviously prepared for the worst. We've been under severe threat for some time, [so] we knew what to do.feedback

Daniel Velasco

I saw someone being put on a stretcher; then a helicopter landed. The police told me this guy had a knife – that's why they shot him.feedback

Sadiq Khan

Nothing is more important to me than keeping Londoners safe. I want to be reassured that every single agency and individual involved in protecting our city has the resources and expertise they need to respond in the event that London is attacked. The terrorists are evolving their tactics and we have got to evolve our response to them all the time. I am afraid the consequences of a terror attack are very, very scary. They want to kill. They want to maim and terrify. It is my job to try to make sure that we are as safe as we can be.feedback

Ismail Hassan

What I have seen with my own eyes is between six and seven people laying down. They were just walking as normal, and the first hit even, the second and the third time he was doing, no-one realised it. So as he's done it, in an out, zig zag – and it was quick, less than 10 seconds even. Just like we're standing here now and the car drives into us.feedback

Ismail Hassan

I saw the the light change to amber and the car started speeding up straight away – 30 miles an hour between here and the traffic light. You cannot drive at 30 miles an hour… then straightaway he went to the kiosk and there was people on the first bridge, and the second one on the middle bridge, there's a sign there, and the third one is by the yellow board, so there's a man laying down there.feedback

Tawhid Tanim

We started running, running, and I didn't know what was happening so I just got a little bit further and then I see that one car smashed to the wall and people started running all over. Literally, a few seconds after police (said) like: 'Move, move, you have to move, you have to move.feedback

Stéphane Cariou

There were around ten pupils. It's a group that left on Sunday night for London. They come from a private establishment in Concarneau. When the the car arrived on the bridge, three of the young high-school pupils were hit and injured by the vehicle.feedback

Alan Parry - Sky Sports

I was just outside Westminster tube station when I heard an almighty crash and a vehicle that looked like a 4×4 had crashed into the railings (at parliament). There was smoke coming from underneath the bonnet. I saw a pedestrian or a cyclist who had clearly been hit. The driver of the car sprinted away from the scene. That was followed by four what sounded very much like gunshots. Then all of a sudden all hell was let loose and police descended everywhere. The whole area was locked down. It was a frightening couple of minutes.feedback

Sam Stopp

Apparently there are schoolchildren singing songs in Parliament to lift people's spirits. How beautifully British.feedback

Frank Foley

Terrorists rely on a lot of people watching – it can be even better than having a lot of people dead. This person appears to have chosen relatively rudimentary weapons, and there was no explosion as far as we can tell. But they've attacked a very prominent target, Parliament and Westminster Bridge, and so they've immediately flooded the media. Every television station in Europe and America will be carrying this tonight and tomorrow.feedback

Ruth Davidson

The SNP's plans last week weren't about trying to hold a fair legal and decisive referendum, what it is really about is a very well-rehearsed game, which is to put forward an unworkable proposal. To wait for Westminster politicans to point that out. Most people in Scotland are sick to death of the games, most people in Scotland don't want another referendum any time soon, just three years after the last one, and most people in Scotland see the plain common sense in our own position. That Brexit is going to be and major challenged for this country and none of us know how it will play out.feedback

Bernard Cazeneuve

Solidarity with our British friends, horribly attacked, full support for the injured French students, their families and their friends.feedback

Kirsten Hurrell

I thought initially it was some kind of accident. Then I heard a couple of sharp noises. It could have been gunshots. I wasn't sure.feedback

Lars Loekke Rasmussen

Horrified by the images from London. My thoughts are with our British friends.feedback

Rob Lyon

I heard a wheel definitely hit a kerb, quite a loud crunch noise, I looked up and saw a car clearly hitting people as it came towards me. A colleague I was with, James, I heard him sort of shout. I instinctively jumped off the pavement. I could see people being hit. And then the car just carried on up the bridge and I just looked around and was really in shock. (I saw) people that had been hit by a car at speed - it was harrowing.feedback

Ken Marsh

This incident sadly shows the dangers our colleagues face on a daily basis. They show incredible bravery protecting the public.feedback

Steve Voake

I saw a trainer lying in the road and when I looked more closely I saw that there were a couple of bodies the other side of the road. And when I looked over the side there was another body lying in the water with blood all around it. Police cars just kept coming one after another after another, I've never seen such a quick response. Then a little bit later the helicopter came. My wife and I came up from Westminster Underground, we walked across to Parliament and there was a car crashed into the gate there.feedback

Simon Jenkins

The terrorists’ aim is not just to kill a few but to terrify a multitude. For politicians and media to overreact would play into their hands. The current bout of global terrorism came to the heart of London today in a fatal attack outside the Palace of Westminster. The symbolism is impossible to escape. An assault on the home of democracy induces a peculiar sense of outrage. That people, including a policeman, should die in such an assault is tragic.feedback

Jonathan Freedland

The bastion of politics now has a human face, as vulnerable as the rest of us to an act of murderous violence. There are certain places that cease to be places in the public imagination. They become shorthand for a loathed political establishment or distant, overmighty government. In America, that place is “Washington, DC”. For Eurosceptics, it’s “Brussels”. And in Britain, that reviled, imperial citadel is “Westminster”.feedback

Mark Rutte

We still know very little, but it is certain that people have been injured. Perhaps, it is to be feared, worse. The British can count on our support. We are monitoring the situation closely and are in contact with the British authorities.feedback

Matthias Fekl

A high place of democracy has come under attack. We offer our wholehearted solidarity to Great Britain. France is naturally ready to offer any support if that is needed.feedback

Rex W. Tillerson

On behalf of the United States, I send my condolences to the victims and their families. The American people send their thoughts and prayers to the people of the United Kingdom. We condemn these horrific acts of violence, and whether they were carried out by troubled individuals or by terrorists, the victims know no difference.feedback

Kevin Schofield

It was at that moment that you realised that something serious was happening - a man had broken in to Parliament and had a weapon.feedback

Kevin Schofield

We just heard a very loud bang outside the office here in the press gallery in parliament here and looked out the window there was lots of shouting, men running around then I looked to my left and there was a part of someone rushed through [the gates], attacked a policeman the policemen went down. Another policeman came to his rescue then the man who had assaulted him got up, he appeared to be carrying after a knife or a gun… and then we heard gunfire - lots of gunfire - maybe five or six rounds and then it got really quite panicky after that, as you can imagine.feedback

No quotes...
|< <
> >|

Quotes about 2017 UK Parliament attack

<
>
Quote Verifier
verify-icon
Check if the quote you read on social networks is authentic
facebook_page
twitter_page
This webpage has been created by a robot: errors and absent quotes cannot be totally avoided

Feedback×

Quote :

Mistake :

Comments :